Second Chance Wildlife Center is expecting….about two thousand baby birds, rabbits, squirrels, and other wee critters.
Admission is free but please bring donations for the babies! We need:
- Toilet paper (no dyes or perfumes)
- Paper towels
- Unscented HE laundry detergent
- Unscented bleach
- Gift Cards to Giant (our closest grocery store)
- Kaytee Exact Hand Feed Formula for Baby Birds (from larger pet stores)
- Bottled water for staff and volunteers
- Twin- and full-sized bed sheet sets in beige
- Postage stamps
- Copy paper
Make birdhouses and feeders with your children (kits $5), as well as see wildlife animals from Echoes of Nature. Purchase native plants for your garden and chat with Nancy Lawson, the Humane Gardener. Make your own sundae bar will also be available to feed those hungry tummies!
Please note: The center will be closed to the public; we’re raising fragile babies!
The Baby Shower has been generously sponsored by The Backyard Naturalist, Adironack Tree Experts, and Sandy Spring Bank.